Saturday, July 01, 2006

Boat trip #2

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures the last boat trip, but it was a good one. We went to two cell group parties/conferences where we ate and danced. Yes, we danced. Brazilians get a real kick in the head when they see Americans dance. But thanks to the barn dances I have attended I wasn't bad. In fact, I was pretty good. Anyway, we did a bunch of fun stuff like swimming and soccer, which, so they tell me, I'm pretty good at too. Even though I hadn't played since 4th grade. Later Sunday night we went alligator hunting and caught us a big one. We went home the next day.

It was great getting to know the Brazilian villagers on this trip. They have so little, yet they are so eager and zealous for the Lord. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to be here. God is awesome.

Today I flew in the ultralight, and that was quite a kick. Pics will come soon.

4 Comments:

At 1/7/06 5:31 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful time. How big was the alligator? What did you do with it?
Keep up the good work, Stephen! God bless!

 
At 1/7/06 7:10 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a nice few days off. :) Enjoy them! :)

God bless ya, Stephen!

We are praying for you guys.

-Victoria

 
At 2/7/06 11:18 AM, Blogger stephen said...

I'm not sure how much the alligator weighed, but it was pretty heavy. The tail, which is supposed to be the best part, is waiting in the firdge to be eaten.

 
At 2/7/06 11:20 AM, Blogger stephen said...

I mean in the fridge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile