Thursday, June 22, 2006

Boat trip




The boat. We took concrete and roof tiles to build a church in Lago Grande, which is about 6 hours from Santarem.








This is the church. The plan was to build the new one inside the old one and then knock the old one down. We were only there for 2 nights, so were only able to help the village workers get started.



Joaquin, our boat captain, and Johnathan Best, son of the guest house missionaries.



Jonathan Bennett



The two guys on the left are Tommy and David Ackerman, short-termers from Illinois. The guys to the right of me is Juan, whom I have known since I was last there 3 years ago.






11 Comments:

At 22/6/06 4:51 PM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

Wow! A lot of really great pictures.

 
At 22/6/06 6:37 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

awww! I remember when we went out our boat trip and we hung up our hammocks on the top!! soooo much fun! I think we had a little bit more room than you guys looked like you had... but I bet it was just as fun! Well the only english speakers who slept up there were me and Juli haha but still the guys were great! Ahh... so jealous...

 
At 22/6/06 10:50 PM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

I hear you smashed your toe.

 
At 23/6/06 7:21 AM, Blogger stephen said...

Yep. Took about two thirds of the nail off on a rock. It was pretty gnarly. I got a picture of it.

Other than that, it wa a great trip. This morning I found out we're going back on the river today until Sunday.

 
At 23/6/06 8:35 AM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

Did you cry?

 
At 23/6/06 11:18 AM, Blogger carson said...

You should post the pic of your toe
O.

Ah-te-lago

Senyord

 
At 24/6/06 2:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i think ashley has her arm around you in that first photo...

 
At 24/6/06 2:51 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

here here for the smashed toe photo. I second the motion.

 
At 26/6/06 8:45 AM, Blogger stephen said...

I think I have my arm around you.

 
At 26/6/06 10:32 AM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

Mourn with me brother

 
At 26/6/06 8:48 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Fun pictures, Stephen! Hey, guess what? Victoria won 4th place at the National "Right To Life" speech contest!! They're getting back tonight. We're really excited!! -Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile