Thursday, March 23, 2006

reminiscing

Well it has been only one day since my last post, but hey, life is short, and so are my posts.

It has been one year this March since I started blogging. It has been a nice alternative to myspace. But as I was talking to my friend Nathan about the other day, who needs myspace when you've got smiley faces? ;)

Let me tell you about a pet hamster I once had. He was a good hamster, never bit me or showed any behavior umbecoming of a hamster. I had a little white ball for him and he would just run around my room, as happy as a little hamster can be. He would sit on my shoulder, his talons digging in my skin. "Hey little guy!"
One day, someone who will go unnamed left the cage open. I was crushed. My parents said he was probably blithely running among the cedar chips that is hamster nirvana. I believed them until I found half of his dismembered body one morning in our garage.


Anyway, this past year has been a good one. I am very much looking forward to this year as Kevin and I set off for Brazil.

I will now go dance the bamba and practice espanol, whilst sipping tea and dreaming of tortilla soup.

5 Comments:

At 23/3/06 5:14 PM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

Matador ate your hampster!

 
At 24/3/06 8:46 AM, Blogger stephen said...

It wasn't I. And yes, I did like Chewie.

 
At 24/3/06 11:42 AM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

That is an ironic name for him considering the way he died.

 
At 24/3/06 12:19 PM, Blogger stephen said...

Yes, very uncanny.

 
At 24/3/06 4:29 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

The poor thing! -N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile