Sunday, December 04, 2005

Well, once again the Army-Navy game was a letdown. But then again, I've always said I don't go for the football. Sitting in sub-zero weather watching football has never really made me happy. I think the game was the coldest I've ever been. Philadephia is always a cool city to visit though. We walked around New York city today. We went to the big building with much art in it, and then Times Square. At the Hard Rock Cafe, I saw the guitar that was played by George Harrison at his concert in Bangladesh and Paul McCartney's bass. They also had the same set of clothes the Beatles wore for awhile before they became addicted to tea. It was neat. I'll have pics by Tuesday.

New York city is like a whole other country. I enjoy just watching people. In Medford this is hard to do, but in New York city you only see a person once. It also helps that you are a nobody and they don't want to talk anyway. When I watch people It is easy to tell what people are like. I'm afraid it is akin to high school. People have their own "classifications". There are drama types, people who are dressed very nicely who you wonder if they might be....you know..."cut from a different cloth". There are old, scholarly types, usually found in museums. Rich people are everywhere, in fur coats and wearing sunglasses even when it is snowing. And then the people who have become a fixture in almost every big city: Japenese tourists! These people walk a round with a dazed look on their face, constantly jabbering away. It reminds me of a quote I once heard, "If you build it, the Japenese will come."

With many people comes many different worldviews. As I watch these people, you wonder what they think about God, Theology and such. As I walk in the massive hordes I cannot help but thinking of livestock being led to the slaughter. It is sad, really. It is really hard to have a good outlook on evangelism and outreach in a big city like New York. It makes Medford seem easy, with it being so small and accessable. I hope I can do a better job of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile