Saturday, October 29, 2005

Theologicality

You know what happened to me today? I was blown away by how stupid and depraved I really am.
I meet with two guys at least once a week. We meet to encourage each other and pray together. But we haven't met for the last two weeks. You know why? Because I feel so utterly inadequate! Who am I to pray and encourage these guys when it is so hard to keep my spiritual life in check? Who am I to confront a brother when I am hiding my own secrets? Who am I to talk to a total stranger about God when I am struggling with my own doubts?
It is very comforting to know that we have a all-powerful-God who is in control of everything. I just feel very hypocritical at times. Yes, we have been elected as God's children, but we are no less of a sinner than those we evangelize to.

Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble," 1 Peter 5:5

1 Peter 5:6: Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you.

2 Comments:

At 29/10/05 12:41 PM, Blogger Julianne said...

Stephen,

I totally agree with you.

Because we have been chosen based on nothing but simply because it pleased God to choose us, we are free to speak with humility and boldness. It should humble us to know that it was in fact, God choosing us, and not us choosing Him, and it should make us bold with the Gospel because we know that it is God who saves and sanctifies. We can be bold because we recognize what God did in us personally and we know that God can do the same in other people. Praise the Lord!

Maybe we have too high of a view of ourselves if we shy away from discipling others because we think we are not qualified. Does that make sense? Thank the Lord that it is He who is in control!!! May the Lamb receive the Glory!

 
At 29/10/05 2:48 PM, Blogger Jordan Shreeve said...

understood, buddy. but think in context, when you post something. kay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile