Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Me go write now

Once again it is time for another post, as is my duty as a blogger in blog-os-phere (hey, i'm a blog-phearer. get it? just kidding). I try to keep my posts new and fresh, unlike the rest of the wasteland that is blog-os-phere.

I have made some observations of various blogs I have read. Here they are with bullets.

  • Unless you are posting for your own personal enjoyment, blogs are useless for swaying anyone to another viewpoint on anything as far as personal beliefs and worldviews. I can see the value in posting about meaningful stuff (very much unlike my blog). But they tend to get everyone all riled up and get Christians arguing with other Christians. This is okay in its place, say, all together in one room with a Bible and none of this answering back and forth through comments. Plus its a pain to keep typing in the word verification thingys.

  • Having said all that, blogs are a complete waste of time. Here I am working on my blog, while I could be doing Bible study right now or some other productive task. Blogs may have some value in that they spread information quickly, but not much else.

So why do I blog, you ask? For my own personal jollys, thats why. It is a good way to get in some good hoo-hahs. So while everyone else is posting pictures of their dogs reading books or living vicariously through another persona, you will always find me, Stephen, keeping it real. Fo' shizzle.

6 Comments:

At 28/12/05 10:18 PM, Blogger Brian Sporer said...

You should get your brother to post something else.

 
At 28/12/05 11:18 PM, Blogger carson said...

Steve-o

Check out my new Blog. Oh, I am also doing this for my own jollys, and because it's free. Just understand Dan and I get our hoo has, by refuting opposing world views.

See Ya at the bash.
Bring your poker face, I've been watching poker tournaments on e.s.p.n. Bring it On!

 
At 29/12/05 7:15 AM, Blogger Rufus the Great said...

stefunk,
Well said. When I created my blog I thought it would be for my own jollies too. But I have since decided that devoting the remainder of my blogging years to the promotion of education, diversity, and higher-level thinking in the world would be the best use of my intellectual capabilities.

 
At 29/12/05 11:35 AM, Blogger stephen said...

That is very noble Rufus. Lets just say my blog is for the promotion of writing.

 
At 29/12/05 11:42 AM, Blogger Rufus the Great said...

Then you can blog with me anytime, my guitar-playing friend. Peace and happiness to you.

 
At 29/12/05 10:05 PM, Blogger Julianne said...

Rufus,
Are you coming to the bash at Ana's? You should make an appearance!!! Oh, wait, Lithuania is pretty far from her house. Oh well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile