Friday, September 02, 2005

Wake me when september ends(revised)

We are starting the new boys group in september. I'm very excited about it. I've been reviewing books that we might go through. Not to be a over-righteous zealot, but I hope we can make some big changes concerning the content of our boys group. Recently we watched the blazing center dvds. John Piper has some good things to say that I wish I had heard earlier.

Our young guys and girls groups have been treated too lightly recently. I mean, we are the youth of the church. What we think about God is what are children, and their children, and their children will think. It is so imperative that our discussions be meaningful and meaty. We are becoming too tolerant of the world, its ideals and the like. I almost am suprised at myself. If I am to play a part in the guys group I need to clean up my act first.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Cheers

2 Comments:

At 2/9/05 4:07 PM, Blogger stephen said...

Thanks, but I specilize in logging and beaver killing.

 
At 3/9/05 2:18 PM, Blogger Julianne said...

Nice post, cuz. It's so true. We have got to take our faith seriously. I like your thinking...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ring of Reformed Sites
[Previous 5] [Previous] [Skip 1] [Next] [Next 5] [List] [JOIN!]

Stephen Meador's Facebook profile